Happy birthday to me!! The big 2-4 but yet still unable to rent a car….
The more I feel like things have stayed the same the more things have changed. It’s always nice to take a minute or four to reflect. I thought it’d be a pretty neat idea to list 24 things I’ve learned over this past year now that I’ve spent the day as a big, bad 24 year old.
- Salads are not that terrible – I’ve always eaten my salads without dressing and slowly but surely I’m realizing dressing is not that bad (except for ranch)
- It’s ok to not be ok – mental illness is a #real thing and we should not be afraid or ashamed to talk about it
- My TV show binging is at an all time high – no person should be able to finish all 10, hour-long episodes of AHS: Roanoke in one sitting
- Makeup is overrated – mascara and a dab of foundation is just so much easier with the occasional pop of lipstick
- Having a water:alcohol ratio is a thing – and DRASTICALLY changes the way you feel the next day. You are not “uncool” because you’re drinking water, your *my* friends are just assholes
- Becoming a regular “worker outer” is a great thing to do – and once I stop being so lazy I’ll hop back on that bandwagon (Sweat by Kayla Itsines has been my favorite alternative to a gym)
- There’s a reason shitty foods are called that – 😢 even though they taste so good
- “Friends come and go but family is forever” – simple as that
- You do not have to hang out with someone you don’t want to – you’re a big girl. It’s your life! Hang with who you wanna!
- Road rage does not get any better – especially when you live in the city
- Getting groceries delivered is so much easier – especially when you have no driveway, a few steps, three doors to get through, and are just plain lazy
- Getting worked up over little things is so not worth it – this one is a constant reminder I have to tell myself, but oh so important
- Buy that shirt or that planner or those shoes you don’t need – maybe not all the time but ….. 🤷🏼♀️🤷🏼♀️🤷🏼♀️
- All that school will be worth it in the long run – “get your masters they said…. it’ll be fun they said….”
- Make time for travel – you aren’t getting any younger and the experiences are always worth the investment
- My obsession for Taco Bell has not decreased at all – I could still mow down on a Crunchwrap in .5 seconds
- Friendships will change and that’s ok – we all change as we grow up and some friendships may drift apart but that doesn’t disregard the times and memories you shared together
- It’s ok to not know everything – I’ve always been a person who wants to try to figure it out on there own and fail miserably, it’s ok to not know and ask for help!
- Don’t hold back on the things you really want – rejection is terrifying but also is a great learning lesson. The longer we wait, the farther away what you want gets
- Being hangry is so real – sorry to everyone that’s ever experienced me like that 😕
- Naps are good for you – no one has ever said differently so I’m sticking with that
- Credit cards are out to put you in a big debt-hole – or I need to be more responsible over them. Should have listened to you, Dad….
- Stop comparing yourself to others – it is so so toxic. We are all great and have our own flaws and beauties. Like Jenna Kutcher says, “I will not compare myself to strangers on the internet”
- Spend more time with family – living a decent distance from home I always make the excuse that I ‘don’t have enough time in a short weekend to see everyone.’ Lies. Making the time is key, even if it’s just for a short period
Welp, that’s it. Another year down and a whole lot more life lessons to learn, mistakes to make, and loved ones to spend time with.
What is a life lesson that you’ve learned in general or about yourself in your twenties? Please share below!